Waiting on Wednesday – Week 182

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's to spotlight upcoming releases that I'm DYING to get my hands on.

This week's WoW is:
In a Perfect World by Trish Doller

Caroline Kelly is excited to be spending her summer vacation working at the local amusement park with her best friend, exploring weird Ohio with her boyfriend, and attending soccer camp with the hope she’ll be her team’s captain in the fall.

But when Caroline’s mother is hired to open an eye clinic in Cairo, Egypt, Caroline’s plans are upended. Caroline is now expected to spend her summer and her senior year in a foreign country, away from her friends, her home, and everything she’s ever known.


With this move, Caroline predicts she’ll spend her time navigating crowded streets, eating unfamiliar food, and having terrible bouts of homesickness. But when she finds instead is a culture that surprises her, a city that astounds her, and a charming, unpredictable boy who challenges everything she thought she knew about life, love, and privilege.

May 23, 2017 ● Goodreads

I'm really excited about this one because, hello? DIVERSITY! I don't think I've ever read a book set in Egypt or about Egypt, unless it's about Egyptian mythology, and even then, it's prettttyyyyy much just set in the US. Anyway, I'm also a little bit scared about this, regarding the location and the aspects of culture that are featured in the book. I'm just hoping the author has done a good job of portraying it (reviews seem to be pretty positive, so I've got my hopes up!), but nonetheless, I shall definitely be giving this one a read.

What are you waiting on?

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this one as well!

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that this one is outside the US/Europe. I always wanted to visit Egypt. =)
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!