Waiting on Wednesday – Week 172

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's to spotlight upcoming releases that I'm DYING to get my hands on!

This week's WoW is:
The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid

A Diabolic is ruthless. A Diabolic is powerful. A Diabolic has a single task: Kill in order to protect the person you’ve been created for. 

Nemesis is a Diabolic, a humanoid teenager created to protect a galactic senator’s daughter, Sidonia. The two have grown up side by side, but are in no way sisters. Nemesis is expected to give her life for Sidonia, and she would do so gladly. She would also take as many lives as necessary to keep Sidonia safe.

When the power-mad Emperor learns Sidonia’s father is participating in a rebellion, he summons Sidonia to the Galactic court. She is to serve as a hostage. Now, there is only one way for Nemesis to protect Sidonia. She must become her. Nemesis travels to the court disguised as Sidonia—a killing machine masquerading in a world of corrupt politicians and two-faced senators’ children. It’s a nest of vipers with threats on every side, but Nemesis must keep her true abilities a secret or risk everything.

As the Empire begins to fracture and rebellion looms closer, Nemesis learns there is something more to her than just deadly force. She finds a humanity truer than what she encounters from most humans. Amidst all the danger, action, and intrigue, her humanity just might be the thing that saves her life—and the empire.

November 1, 2016 ● Goodreads

Oh damn, THAT COVER! This one has also been pitched as Red Queen meets The Hunger Games. Um, YES please. It kind of reminds me of Pawn by Aimée Carter and The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow as well. I'm sure this one is going to be amazing!

What are you waiting on?

7 comments:

  1. Did you see the little video they posted with this cover? I'm like super excited about it!

    Our WoW at Tales of the Ravenous Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. That cover looks amazing! Not the kind of think I tend to read, but I hope you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This doesn't sound like something I would normally read, but I hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this an LGBT book? It kind of sounds like it is... I'm curious. Thanks for sharing!

    Rachelle @ Shell's Stories

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I just got this book in the mail today! I'm not home but I'm pretty sure this is the one in my mailbox from S&S. At least, I'm crossing my fingers. It sounds SO good. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Rabiah. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!