Waiting on Wednesday – Week 163

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It’s to spotlight upcoming releases that I’m DYING to get my hands on!

This week’s WoW is:
Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood

The summer before Ivy’s senior year is going to be golden; all bonfires, barbeques, and spending time with her best friends. For once, she will just get to be. No summer classes, none of Granddad’s intense expectations to live up to the family name. For generations, the Milbourn women have lead extraordinary lives—and died young and tragically. Granddad calls it a legacy, but Ivy considers it a curse. Why else would her mother have run off and abandoned her as a child?

But when her mother unexpectedly returns home with two young daughters in tow, all of the stories Ivy wove to protect her heart start to unravel. The very people she once trusted now speak in lies. And all of Ivy’s ambition and determination cannot defend her against the secrets of the Milbourn past…

May 3, 2016 ● Goodreads

I haven’t read anything by Jessica Spotswood (yet), even though all her books have been on my must-read pile for absolutely ages. This one kind of reminds me of  We Were Liars for some reason, but I really do want to know what’s about to go down and the Milbourn past the blurb speaks of...definitely looking forward to this one!

What are you waiting on?

1 comment:

  1. I've only read one book of hers and I liked it. This sounds like it's going to be a great tale

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!