Waiting on Wednesday – Week 122

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It’s to spotlight upcoming books that I’m DYING to get my hands on!

This week’s WoW is:
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Mare Barrow's world is divided by blood--those with red and those with silver. Mare and her family are lowly Reds, destined to serve the Silver elite whose supernatural abilities make them nearly gods. Mare steals what she can to help her family survive, but when her best friend is conscripted into the army she gambles everything to win his freedom. A twist of fate leads her to the royal palace itself, where, in front of the king and all his nobles, she discovers a power of her own--an ability she didn't know she had. Except . . . her blood is Red.

To hide this impossibility, the king forces her into the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons. As Mare is drawn further into the Silver world, she risks her new position to aid the Scarlet Guard--the leaders of a Red rebellion. Her actions put into motion a deadly and violent dance, pitting prince against prince--and Mare against her own heart.

From debut author Victoria Aveyard comes a lush, vivid fantasy series where loyalty and desire can tear you apart and the only certainty is betrayal.

February 10, 2015 ● Goodreads

Whenever I see the words “red” and “queen” next to each other, I go on high alert because it either means that a) it’s an Alice in Wonderland retelling (which this is unfortunately not) and b) it’s a high fantasy. This one looks absolutely amazing and I’ve heard wonderful things about the world-building. The cover is beautiful as well– seems pretty symbolic! Can’t wait to get my hands on this one – it’s on Edelweiss so I foresee another download in the near future :D

What are you waiting on?

1 comment:

  1. This is EVERYWHERE. And I totally downloaded it on Edelweiss because I can't resist. I'll probably cheat on my TBR with this, especially since I've seen a few early reviews that are like WOW.

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!