Waiting on Wednesday – Week 74

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It's to spotlight on upcoming reads which I'm DYING to get my hands on.
YES! I'm back! From my one week of no posts, and I'm telling you, I feel so guilty about it. Anyway, hopefully I'll be consistent with the rest of this week and next week should be pretty normal.

This week's WoW is:
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

**May contain spoilers if you haven't read Cinder**
Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.


Goodreads ● February 5, 2013

This would be the perfect birthday present for me, since it's coming out a couple days before it! Of course, I can't WAIT to get my hands on this book because 1) Cinder was just mind-blowingly awesome-tastical gorgeousness which was captured on paper and 2) The cover matches so perfectly with the first book (and the third and fourth BETTER not change -.-) and 3) 3 words: Red. Riding. Hood.

What are you waiting on?

7 comments:

  1. I like it too when books (covers) in a series match, so hopefully it stays like this. Anyway, I LOVED Cinder so I can't wait for Scarlet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinder is just amazing! Finished it last week and I'm already dying to read Scarlet! For all the reason you just gave! Awesome pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Cinder yet but I heard great things about the series. Hopefully I can read it soon! Great pick!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday
    Karina @ Couchpotatoreader

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're definitely waiting on this one too! Marissa seems really sweet (from Twitter and the readings we've been to) and we enjoyed CINDER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really interested to see how the Red Riding Hood story is used-I've never read one nor have I been interested in reading one as it's not my favorite. But I liked Cinder so much that I'll definitely want to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to torture you, but Scarlet is a zillion times better than Cinder. And Cinder was my favorite book ever up until I read Scarlet. Hope you survive the wait! Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when the covers for a series match perfectly and while I haven't read the first book I can't wait for this to be released!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!