Musing Mondays - Week 9

"Musing Mondays" is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. This week's question asks:

Do you have a favorite children’s book? Either one that you loved as a child, or one that you discovered later, and still enjoy? Tell us about it!


Well, I definitely did love reading when I was a kid and obviously, I still do.


One of my favorite books would be The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. I loved all his books, but this one was really my favorite :). I just loved all the drawings in it, and I loved the story as the caterpillar kept on eating and eating (and then become pretty hungry myself). *Sigh*...I just heard one of my friends mention it today in school and boy did that bring up a lot of memories!


Another one that I really loved was Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park. I loved that amazing little girl! She just made me laugh and laugh, and I was so glad when my sister also read it when she grew up (of course, now she's older, so she won't read it). But it just brings back so many different memories with growing up in Kindergarten and the 1st Grade! I still have all the books though ;)


The Magic Tree House series of course was always a big favorite of mine. I loved all the titles, I loved everywhere they went and it really did teach me a whole bunch of facts that still stay with me! I remember it also helped me with a presentation on dolphins in Grade 5, and I still can remember how easy to understand those books were. I really loved the facts at the back. Read them over and over and over again. I know I still have this series somewhere as well!


Bailey School Kids by Debbie Dadey and Marcia Thronton Jones was a book series which I became literally, obsessed with. I used to look for all of them in the library, when I went to a bookstore I would buy nearly 10 of those books! I loved ones that were really creepy (well creepy as a child) like the werewolf or the loch ness monster one. The vampire ones were good as well. There are too many of these books I'm afraid, and I never got to read them all!


Well those were some of the books I enjoyed when I was younger. I believe I still have most of them and I still really cannot forget the impact they had on me. What's your answer to this question? Leave a link/comment!

2 comments:

  1. oh, I am afraid I am bit too old to have read these as a kid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loves the caterpillar book, but I never read it since I was already a bit too old at the time it came out. I have to pick it up and see what it's about.
    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-musing-asks-do-you-have.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!