Musing Mondays - Week 1

"Musing Mondays" is a weekly event hosted by Should Be Reading. Today's Musing is:

How many books did you read in 2010? If you had a reading goal, did you meet it? What books are you most looking forward to reading for 2011 (either new, OR ones that have sat on your shelves for a while)?


Well, this year I read 184 books in total! I dunno whether that's a lot or a little, but I seem pretty satisfied with this number. I generally aim each year to reading around 150 to 200+ books, so yeah, I'm happy :D. 

Hmm...books for 2011...well, there are plenty of new books coming out, including Cassandra Clare's City of Fallen Angels from The Mortal Instruments series and Clockwork Prince from The Infernal Devices. Meg Cabot is also coming out with a new book, Abandon, which I am DYING to read. I guess all the books I'm waiting for should be on Waiting on Wednesday ;).

Books that are on my Shelf that I should read...well, I bought The Dark is Rising. I felt like abandoning it, but then after seeing the movie (finally!) I'm deciding to give it a try. And there's still other classics on my shelf, such as Pride and Prejudice which, yes, I admit I have not completed, and other books such as Gregor the Overlander which I'd been meaning to give a try.

It seems that I have lots to read this year! Well, what are you planning to read this year? Leave a comment/link in the comments below!

3 comments:

  1. The Dark Is Rising is approximately 2000 times better than the movie and most of the rest of the series are fantastic as well. (I don't like Greenwitch, but the others rock.) Hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's a lot of books read! My original goal was 200, but I came up a little short. I think next year I will reach it though. I'm also going to keep a list of books I didn't finish, because those took a lot of my time as well. I'm guessing I probably stopped reading about 65-80 books. A ridiculous amount but my tbr pile is so long, hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on 184 books! I need to do my final count still, but I think I'm about the same.

    New follower btw.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!