The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinney

Greg Heffley has always been in a hurry to grow up. But is getting older really all it’s cracked up to be? Greg suddenly finds himself dealing with the pressures of boy-girl parties, increased responsibilities, and even the awkward changes that come with getting older—all without his best friend, Rowley, at his side. Can Greg make it through on his own? Or will he have to face the “ugly truth"?


This was an exciting and hilarious final book to the amazing Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. This series can be read by kids, teens and adults and NOTHING ever gets old. I found this book to be as hilarious as the previous books, yet really different. As Greg has gotten older, and is finding about growing up and changes etc. which makes this book ever more awkward and hilarious as we find Greg in different situations.


I find it really sad how this is the last book. I only started this series a year ago, but time flies so fast! This book though is a really good wrap up to the series though. Highly recommend it, because ANYONE can read it!


There wasn't enough funny moments with his brothers I thought though. I think that most of the humor in the previous books came from them, but I dunno. I guess things change. Although I must admit, my favorite part in this book is the school sleepover. It was so funny, and loved the bit where the photo is taken of the elbow. It's just that part that I can't get out of my head, and it explains the whole photo on the title page.


I feel kinda bad that Rowley wasn't in this book that much. Rowley is one character which everyone can laugh at, as he's the dumb yet supportive friend to Greg through the series. They actually didn't mention a whole bunch of people from the previous books or didn't include them in Greg's funny mishaps. Like Holly, Fregley, Chirag etc. It's just like they've vanished from the books. POOF! Gone.


Anyway, I love this book, I hope that Jeff Kinney makes another hilarious series, although nothing will be as good as this one. Can't wait for the second movie of Diary of a Wimpy Kid! the first one was really good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!