That Summer by Sarah Dessen

For fifteen-year-old Haven, life is changing too quickly. She's nearly six feet tall, her father is getting remarried, and her sister,the always perfect Ashley,is planning a wedding of her own. Haven wishes things could just go back to the way they were. Then an old boyfriend of Ashley's reenters the picture, and through him, Haven sees the past for what it really was, and comes to grips with the future.




I honestly thought that Sumner and Haven would get together in the end.


But, I guess it was never meant to be. I mean, seriously, he seems so sweet and nice and then Ashley had to go and tell the truth, which changed how Haven felt towards him (I guess). Oh well, I still think Sumner's awesome.


I found this book interesting. I read it after This Lullaby (review coming soon) and I thought it would involve a little more romance. But this book, in it's own way, was amazing. Haven is what every girl wants to be. Headstrong, thinks mostly for herself and free to do mainly what she wants by the end of the book. In the beginning, she seems to be a bit awkward, I mean with her height, it's nothing wrong to us, but being that tall must be different.


The Plot was amazing, and I understood everything. There was no confusion and I was able to read it straightforward, no troubles, no worries. I heard this was one of her first books and now I'm thinking, OMG, if this is one of her first books, the later ones must be amazing! I've only read This Lullaby and it was really good. Loved it! No wonder Sarah Dessen is another Queen of Teen like Meg Cabot. Everyone I've asked told me that if I like Meg Cabot books, then I should read Sarah Dessen's books. I didn't belive them, until now.


I'm just starting Just Listen and I hope its amazing and got all the good Teen/YA book stuff :D. 

1 comment:

  1. The story follows a bland girl whose father is marrying his mistress after divorcing her mother and whose sister is getting married to a boy who has tamed her wild side. The weddings and their plannings are just stressful and uninteresting to read about and the entire time I was left waiting for something juicy to happen. I was majorly disappointed when I realized Sumner (her sister's boyfriend during a perfect summer years ago, mentioned in the book summary) was much too old for the main character and clearly wasn't getting back with the sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!