FIVE Challenge – Day 2

"FIVE Challenge" is an event hosted by Pernickety Snark. Today's FIVE Challenge is: FIVE Great Movie Deals.


1. The Hunger Games. The rights have been acquired by Lionsgate Entertainment. Suzanne Collins has written the adaption from book to film herself and the movie will be directed by Gary Ross. Katniss has also been looked at by several actresses, but none yet have been cast...who do you think would be a good Katniss?


2. City of Bones. The rights have been acquired by Screen Jems. It has officially been announced that Lily Collins will play Clary. The film will be directed by Scott Stewart.


3. Wake. The rights have been acquired by Paramount Pictures and MTV Films. Miley Cyrus may have the role of Janie.


4. The Mediator. Another Meg Cabot book made into a movie! The Rights have been sold to Producer Julia Pistor


5. If I Stay. I haven't read this book (yet), but I've heard several good things about it. The movie rights have been acquired by Summer Entertainment and Dakota Fanning was going to play the main role, Mia, but it seems not anymore...


Books I HOPE become Movies


Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesner – it would make an awesome, ancient Greek, butt-kicking full of action movie!
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor – I heard that this was to be made into a movie...I really hope it does!


Which 5 Movie Deals are YOU excited for?

3 comments:

  1. Run to the bookstore and grab If I Stay. It's seriously one of the best, books I've ever read. Great list of movie picks. Here is our 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunger Games is on my list too. I hope they choose unknown actors to play Katniss, Peeta and Gale :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Wake was on the movie road. But Miley Cyrus as Janie. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!