Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

Hey! I'm bak, and I'm gonna talk about the 3rd book in the Inheritance Cycle, Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. Yes, I've actually read it before (AND I got it SIGNED!!!). Here's a blurb:


OATHS SWORN . . . loyalties tested . . . forces collide.

Following the colossal battle against the Empire's warriors on the Burning Plains, Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have narrowly escaped with their lives. Still there is more at hand for the Rider and his dragon, as Eragon finds himself bound by a tangle of promises he may not be able to keep.
First is Eragon's oath to his cousin Roran: to help rescue Roran's beloved, Katrina, from King Galbatorix's clutches. But Eragon owes his loyalty to others, too. The Varden are in desperate need of his talents and strength - as are the elves and dwarves. When unrest claims the rebels and danger strikes from every corner, Eragon must make choices - choices that take him across the Empire and beyond, choices that may lead to unimagined sacrifice.
Eragon is the greatest hope to rid the land of tyranny. Can this once-simple farm boy unite the rebel forces and defeat the king?

This book was a little...well, foggy to me. Mostly because I couldn't really remember the last book, Eldest cause I had kinda read it like, what? 3 or something years ago (YIKES!) so, yeah, it was kinda confusing, but I had my friend Hanaa clarify things up for me, so it was good :) but yeah I totally have to re-read the series...after reading other books, as I have a whole load, of course :P.
From what I remember (Yes, my brain's a little, well, tired at this time, so bear with me) the ending of the book was really exciting, because it had a battle in it and LUV Fantasy Battles both in movies and books! YEAH!! I also remember that there was a Dwarf God(?) from what I remember from Christopher Paolini's speech at the beginning, and because I can remember, I'm sure that was a good part too! (sorry guys, a little slow and my review is gonna, yeah, suck) But there were some parts which were actually a little boring (no offense!) but it was harder to understand and referred to Eldest and lo and behold, CURSE my foggy memory, I couldn't remember those parts and had to kinda skim through them :(.
The Inheritance Cycle is DEFINITELY one of the books that I love ALOT, and I TOTALLY cannot wait for the next and last one to come out! (Thank Gods he didn't go with the original plan and make the 3rd the last, cause that would have been REALLY confusing!)...my friends and I are totally hanging on and will jump with excitement when the last book is announced...I gotta make my younger sister read these books, because they. ARE. Amazing. Totally a different world, and kind of like Lord of the Rings except for younger readers to enjoy. I really wanna do a review on Percy Jackson and Diary of a Wimpy Kid and good stuff like that...stay tuned for more later! Coming up soon: Tempted by PC and Kristen Cast (read for the first time); The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by the big gap between the Inheritance books. They're so huge, you need to wait until you've got a week off to read them! Right now I'm reading the 4th in the series and so far, so good! It's just going a little slow because of how big it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brisingr was great, much darker than the first two but I did have some problems with it! Excited to read the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally envious that you have your book signed! (I blog hopped here after you visited my blog: rosesbookreviews.blogspot.com.au)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!